Thursday, August 28, 2014

Oatka Creek Park • August 28

Monarch caterpillar

Jewelweed

Jewelweed

Northern Mockingbird. "Crossbill"! (That's my name for this individual bird.) I have been following Crossbill in Oatka for a couple of years now. He is a usual winter resident, but moves elsewhere during the summer (or, at least, I don't find him them). 

Northern Mockingbird. Here it is easier to see where Crossbill gets his name. His continued healthy existence over the years indicates his bill shape presents no problem.

Black-throated Blue Warbler. My first picture of a fall migration warbler! He was hiding in the shadows, producing drab colors in the picture. He was more colorful in person!

Pale Touch-me-not

Cedar Waxwing

Monarch on a Green-headed Coneflower

Monarch on a Green-headed Coneflower

Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher