Sunday, November 25, 2012

Oatka Creek Park • November 25


Mallards. It was quiet and snowy in Oatka today. A few ducks sheltered from the elements in the creek.

Great Blue Heron. This wily adult moved among the foliage along the creekside to avoid direct detection from me. Finally, after an extended game of cautious approaching I was able to get a clear view for a few minutes ...

Great Blue Heron. However, after a few pictures, it was time for the heron to move on.

Great Blue Heron. The dismal lighting accompanying the falling slow made any motion a photographic blur.

Winter Wren. At one point I ran into a good sized mixed winter flock of chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, and woodpeckers. This Winter Wren then popped up right in front of me as I was watching the mixed flock depart. There was time for a couple pictures and then it was off, too.

Mallard in the Snow