Monday, January 16, 2012

Oatka Creek Park • January 16


Oatka Creek Park, Monroe, US-NY
Jan 16, 2012
Protocol: Traveling
3.3 mile(s)
Comments:     It was an overcast 38F late afternoon birding hike in Oatka today. It was a quiet evening. Woodpeckers were in evidence and I had a nice encounter with a Pileated Woodpecker. As I was walking along Black Billed Cuckoo Trail, the Pileated started calling from deep in the woods. Fortunately, there was a pronounced deer trail right at my feet, so I took that towards the woodpecker. Still at some distance, I eventually spotted the wary bird and contented myself with some photographs taken at range. That would pretty much be the highlight of the outing.


Downy Woodpecker

White-tailed Deer

Pileated Woodpecker

Pileated Woodpecker

12 species


Canada Goose  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  2
Black-capped Chickadee  6
Tufted Titmouse  3
American Robin  1
White-throated Sparrow  2
Northern Cardinal  4


This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)