Saturday, December 3, 2011

Summerville Pier • December 3


Summerville Pier, Monroe, US-NY
Dec 3, 2011 11:41 AM
Protocol: Incidental
Comments:     It was a mostly sunny and 41F midday walk by Summerville Pier today. As I arrived at the parking lot at the base of Charlotte Pier, I saw no birders or other indications of people Snowy Owl watching. Scanning the rooftops of the Westage Apartments east of the Coast Guard Station I spotted the Snowy. Driving over to Summerville Pier, I soon found a good-sized party of people in the apartment parking lot and at the base of Summerville Pier enjoying the bird with spotting scopes and cameras. I took my pictures and departed. A quick scan of the region did not reveal any additional owls.

Snowy Owl as seen from Charlotte Pier

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

1 species

Snowy Owl  1

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)