Friday, December 2, 2011

Summerville Pier • December 2


Summerville Pier, Monroe, US-NY
Dec 2, 2011 1:49 PM
Protocol: Incidental
Comments:     It was a cloudy and drizzling 37F early afternoon walk along Summerville Pier today. The Snowy Owl was spotted at the far end of the pier. I slowly approached the owl in a crouching pose, taking pictures as I went. (Great workout for the quads, let me tell you!) When I was given the you're close enough look, I halted, took a few more pictures and made my retreat. :-) On my way out past the Coast Guard Station I heard a Fish Crow, though I didn't follow up on it.


Click pictures for larger versions!


Snowy Owl at the end of Summerville Pier as seen from Charlotte Pier

Snowy Owl from about halfway down Summerville Pier

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl drawing a line on the pier.

1 species


Snowy Owl  1


This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)