Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Great Blue Heron • May 3

Here's an intermezzo between pictures from Oatka Creek Park. This morning as I about to brush my teeth, a motion outside the window caught my attention. When I looked, I saw a Great Blue Heron land and perch on a tree across the road just a couple houses away. I called to my wife and rushed for my camera and began taking pictures through the bedroom window. My wife was able to deftly opened the window and removed the screen so as not to flush the bird. It was a great start to the day!


Click the pictures for larger versions!


Great Blue Heron


Great Blue Heron


Great Blue Heron


Location:     West Forest Drive
Observation date:     5/3/11
Notes:      
Number of species:     1


Great Blue Heron     1


This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org)